What type of lining can I use to preserve original gutters?

« Back To AskARoofer
Author

AJCoffeeshop

Q: I have a home built 1910 and it has built in gutters is there a lining that can be put in and preserve these gutters

A: I have no Photos or detailed description of the house or the gutters.  However , it appears

That the gutters are wood and built into the cornice. I understand that you would like to have the

Built in gutters remain.

Have a Good Quality Roofing Contractor that you trust get together with your carpenter.  Have your

Roofing contractor and your Carpenter  get their heads together to solve your gutter problem. 

Then you can move ahead with your most interesting project.  There are so many new products

available for waterproofing.  A Good Quality Roofing Contractor will know the products and will

know which is the best for your application.  He will also know what the cost is.  Avoid the suggestion

that it cannot be done.  (until you are convinced that you don’t want to do it)

My experience has been to put confidence in the product that your Roofing Contractor recommends.

He knows the product and will know what it will and will not do.  Whatever the product is, it will not

last 110 Years without regular maintenance.  Clean the gutters of leaves and dirt annually.

Many years of service can be added to the life of your gutters if properly maintained.

Our hope is that you can personally oversee this annual maintenance project for the next 110 Years.

« Back To AskARoofer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DaVinci - Banner Ad - DaVinci Checks All The Boxes

Social Feed

Follow Us
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Understanding Commercial Roof Restoration (eBook)
Westlake ad corrected size
AAR - MRA - Sidebar Ad - Buyer
WTI - Sidebar Ad (AAR) - Pure Air February 2024
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey