Terrace Deck Fix/Roof for Below Condo

« Back To AskARoofer
Author

AliceReynolds

What is the best way to fix my terrace deck? My terrace is also a roof for the resident below me in my building and they have a leak and are saying it’s from my terrace. Thank you

May 16, 2022 at 12:13 p.m.

AliceReynolds

Below is what our roofing expert Brad Beldon from Beldon Roofing Company had to say in response to your question:

Terrace roofs are indeed a challenge for roofers as there is no simple answer.  With that being said, we have used both single ply and SBS solutions on Terrace Roofs. SBS is a commercial grade product and is available in multiple colors. As for single ply, these come in a variety of colors as well. The most common color in single ply is white. Single ply primarily comes in TPO and PVC versions. EPDM is also available, but not commonly used in Texas. Although TPO and PVC have different chemical makeups, they both hold up well in Texas. The SBS option provides the most durable option should you expect foot traffic on top of the roof. With either option, preventive roof maintenance is the key to a long term solution.

Thanks for your question!

Your friends at AskARoofer

« Back To AskARoofer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DaVinci - Banner Ad - DaVinci Checks All The Boxes

Social Feed

Follow Us
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
WTI - Sidebar Ad (AAR) - Pure Air February 2024
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Understanding Commercial Roof Restoration (eBook)
Westlake ad corrected size
AAR - MRA - Sidebar Ad - Buyer
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty