Mobile Home Leak

« Back To AskARoofer
Author

alextolle

Heidi from Minnesota asked:

I live in a mobile home with an addition and its leaking water where the addition meets the house, but not at the edge of the external walls, but about three feet in on the wall that meets the house. How do I find the leak to fix it?

February 8, 2023 at 11:49 a.m.

alextolle

John Kenney from Cotney Consulting Group says:

Heidi,
Going off the information you provided, without seeing the conditions, this is my best opinion of the cause. There is a problem between the old and new connections. Either there is damage further up the roof, or the connection is not sealed correctly, and the water is getting in at that point. Water can travel away from the source of entry, so it is not uncommon for the leak shows up inside the house a few feet away from the connection of the addition. 
February 8, 2023 at 3:15 p.m.

alextolle

Marty Stout from Go Roof Tune Up says:

Contact a local Roofing Contractor that has experience with mobile home repair and have them look at it. Contact a local roofing supply company or a local mobile home dealer and ask for a reference. Do not try to repair your roof yourself.

« Back To AskARoofer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Westlake Royal Roofing Solutions - Banner Ad - Rise Above With Superior Roofing Solutions

Social Feed

Follow Us
WTI - Sidebar Ad (AAR) - Pure Air February 2024
Westlake ad corrected size
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
AAR - MRA - Sidebar Ad - Buyer
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Understanding Commercial Roof Restoration (eBook)