By DaVinci Roofscapes.
Historic building renovation is tricky. Contractors have to be wary of the delicate balance needed between preserving the property’s past while providing the necessary updates and maintenance to ensure the property’s future. When it comes time to choose new materials, the architects they work with must maintain the original architecture of the façade while specifying cost-effective products that offer superior protection to the structure.
Here are the reasons why DaVinci Roofscapes composite slate and shake roofs are most often chosen to top historical projects:
1. Authentic look: DaVinci starts out by making their slate and shake molds from natural products. The replication is extremely realistic. However, the polymer products offer a longer lifespan. Plus, they resist fire, impact, insects, mold and algae, making them the ideal long-term solution for historical projects.
2. Budget constraints: Often times the old slate roof on the building or home is deteriorating and needs to be replaced. However, the cost of natural slate can be high and a more economical alternative is required.
3. Roof structure constraints: Sometimes the roofing structure isn’t strong enough to handle the weight of other natural replacement products, like slate. However, DaVinci is a lightweight roofing material and therefore usually works on many historical roofs.
4. Color matching: The current roof of a historical site might be breaking down, or perhaps the color of the existing roof is no longer available. DaVinci can be a great solution because you can not only create your own custom color blend from our existing colors, but you can also create a completely new color altogether. In other words, we can work with you to match the existing roof’s color.
5. Natural shake no longer allowed: There are many places across the country (California comes to mind) where natural shake is no longer allowed because of the fire risks. However, the need for the authentic look of a shake roof is necessary to maintain the historical accuracy of the building. Therefore, DaVinci’s shake products can be a perfect shake alternative for areas where natural shake is no longer allowed.
Have a question? AskARoofer.
Find your local roofing contractor in the RoofersCoffeeShop® Contractor Directory.
Original article source: DaVinci Roofscapes