By ASC Building Products.
Worry less about maintenance, extreme weather and more when you choose a metal roof.
Not only is metal a more durable option overall than asphalt shingles and other roofing systems, but they offer additional protection against the elements. Metal roofing and siding are non-combustible and fire resistant, so your home will be less susceptible to lightning strikes and will not add combustion in a wildfire. However, metal is also incredibly sustainable and offers endless benefits for your home. ASC Building Products has put together a list of even more reasons to encourage metal roofing systems.
- More design options – With a bevy of colors available, you can create a unique look to fit your tastes! We have a design center where you can find inspiration, tools and information to help you create the look of your dreams and educate yourself on your investment. You can also get support, free samples and more!
- Energy efficient – Cool metal roofs are offered in colors that are energy efficient and can save as much as 25% on energy costs. Most of ASC Building Products’ colors are cool colors so savings are just a selection away.
- Long lasting – Metal roofs may last up to 60 years with proper maintenance and installation, which is two to three times longer than asphalt shingles. Why go through the hassle and cost of replacing it over and over when you have an option that will stick with you?
- Environmentally friendly – Metal roofs are 100% recyclable at the end of their life cycle. If you were to replace an asphalt roof twice in a 60-year time frame you would be left with a pile of asphalt to dispose of. Metal roofing panels can be removed and melted down to make new items, staying out of our landfills.
- Durable – Metal roofs withstand extreme weather conditions, including rain, wind and snow; and have the highest rating, a Class 4 hail impact resistance in accordance to UL 2218. What does that mean? Well, to receive a Class 4 rating, a roofing material must withstand having a 2-inch steel ball dropped repeatedly from a height of 20 feet. If that doesn’t sound like much to you, doing that same test to a 4-inch concrete paver would crack the paver in half. So, you could say metal is a durable option!
- Lower insurance costs – Metal roofs with qualifying impact resistance certification may qualify for premium discounts. Not all carriers offer discounts but be sure to check with your insurance company and see if you have yet another way to save!
- Higher home resale value – Metal roofing can increase your home’s resale value or even act as an enticement to a potential buyer. What will add value to a home you live in is certainly an excellent selling point for any future homeowner as well!
Original article source: ASC Building Products