Warranty Reimbursement

« Back To AskARoofer
Author

alextolle

Matt in New Jersey asked:

I am looking at a likely roof replacement due to water damage into the home. My question is whether there is a possibility of pro-rated warranty coverage. The shingles were installed by a previous owner. I don't have any documentation regarding the installation. I estimate that the roof is 20-25 years old. I have been in the home for 14 years and have had persistent issues with the roof. I have one package of shingles that were left in the house. They are Bird Roofscape Plus shingles. The packaging indicates that the shingles have a 40-year warranty. There is a May 1998 date printed on the inside flap of the packaging. I'm not sure if that's a date shift code, or has some other meaning. But at most, I'm thinking the roof is just under 26 years old, so well within the warranty period. I read in an article on your site that Bird was purchased by CertainTeed (or at least their IP was). Is there any chance of being able to get some sort of pro-rated warranty reimbursement, or am I out of luck with Bird being out of business? Thanks so much for any input you can offer. 

February 2, 2024 at 1:46 p.m.

alextolle

Watch Henry Staggs' video response here.

« Back To AskARoofer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

DaVinci - Banner Ad - May 2024 Talk to the experts

Social Feed

Follow Us
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Understanding Commercial Roof Restoration (eBook)
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
WTI - Sidebar Ad (AAR) - Pure Air February 2024
Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Roofing Calculator (AAR May 2024)
AAR - MRA - Sidebar Ad - Buyer